Sunday 18 November 2012

Oppa penang style - pt 1


 BEFORE A TRIP ALWAYS READY MAGAZINESSS!
One of my favourite gyaru models, Lena Fujii! <3

So as all of you guys know, my dad and I took a trip to Penang for his half marathon
and in the mean time do some touring ^^ FOOD touring
HAHA, we left at 10 at night because I had to attend a physics seminar..grr spm

So we reached penang at 2 in the morning, and got LOST. Penang is a wonderland for one way streets TT
We used google maps, and I was navigating my dad to find our hotel then suddenly!!
The pointer thingy showed we were in the sea LOLOL.There goes our navigation~
 We got lost for like 45 mins just going in circles around the city
But we finally arrived to the hotel ^^ It was the Bayview Hotel!
Went to sleep then woke up at 8 to eat breakie! Dad left earlyyy in the morning for Kedah for some business

So I was left alone in the cafeteria :(


What's a blog post without a little camwhoring. Teehee!


Little droopy pinkish thing is blackcurrant yogurt ah not mucus from some purple dinosaur


My poached eggs! :D 
I have always loved the idea of just cutting your eggs then you can see the yolk just flowing out like magic
But when I do it at home, the end result is always just the yolk cooked
and the egg whites just end up in the hot water TT I dont know why!!


I put vinegar also no help. Hm:( Just no talent in cooking eggs HAHAH.

Everyone was looking at me weird when I was eating..

 

I felt like.. WHAT NEVER SEE PEOPLE EAT ORANGE AT 8.30 IN THE MORN AH



On the first day I basically just stayed in my room, sleeping and studying
Thenn my dad came back to the hotel then aunty Julie came to pick us up!

To eat of course, dinner time^^ 
We went to Northam Beach Cafe, the cafe is located right next to the coast line
You can see the sea from where you eat and can enjoy the nice breezy air 



The kacang kuda. Or also known as chick peas!


The grilled sting ray is so goooooooooood. Seriously I was salivating ^^ Penang food is sibeh ho chiak!


Okay basically what I ate for lunch and dinner for our WHOLE trip in Penang was
Roast Chicken breast or Steam Chicken Breast HAHAH. Trying to be healthy mah! and I love it Lol
So I basically didn't take pictures of what I ate. This is the first and last roast chicken picture ^^
I should have a tv show called "the road to find the best roast chicken breast in Malaysia"
Lol jkjkjk

Since it was a day before my dad's half marathon, my dad just ate everything he saw
HAHA, no I'm serious. His way of carbing up for the big run :D


Chicken and pork satay. Omnoms!
Okay....so not ALL roast chicken.. But this was damn good!


My dad's kicap mee. He kinda missed Kuching's food ^^


Aunty Julie was kind enough to bring us around Penang Streets :)
She took us to the new and beautiful Straits Quay!! 
This place has like the Desa Park City feel, where there's like alot of residential areas around the place, and one big shopping mall in the middle. Joggers also can come in the morning to run around because it's an open area and have a route for them! The place itself has a beautiful BEAUTIFUL architectural design
Like seriously, it looks like the Eastern Oriental in Penang. Like a British design, everywhere was white and can see white pillars everywhere. Behind this place were filled with irish pubs and just opposite is the sea, and the dock was filled with luxury yachts ^^ If you have the time and end up in Penang, you have to visit Straits Quay!



Me and dad behind Straits Quay!


After dinner, we went to coffee Island. And my dad had this for supper. 
The famous fried Ho Chien. It's oysters fried with eggs and a lot of oil. 
I had it last month when my dad tapao-ed it home before I decided to stick to my stict diet okie, so.. I can tell you it's blady good.


My dad eating again :D



and again. AHHAHAHHA, this is the next morning in Bayview Hotel! 
First breakfast together ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment